CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

President Hinckley

Hopefully, everyone had a chance to see President Hinckley's funeral. The whole ceremony was moving. I almost lost it at the beginning when President Monson came to the pulpit and paused for what seemed like several minutes. His emotions were evident and it was then it truly hit me of our great loss through President Monson's eyes who has spent innumerable moments in service with President Hinckley throughout his life. The final musical number where they played a video montage of President Hinckley's life is where both Andrea and I cried. For me, it was amazing to recall some of the moments of service and his sense of humor. He has been the prohpet through the formative years of my testimony. He was the modern day prophet that I introduced to countless investigators and converts to the church in Mexico. I testified of him to those same people that I knew he was a Prophet of God on earth today to guide us. I still bear witness of him and now of President Monson.

While looking around the internet, I found hinckleychallenge.com. It is a simple challenge to follow one of his teachings and to honor him. Check it out! Simply it is to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days (his age at death). We are gonna take it on here in our home. (The Saturday before he died, I had set the goal to read it by conference, so I have a little bit of a head start.)

What a fitting way to remember his example!

0 comments: