CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 8, 2008

On the Airplane!!


Brayden, Dylan, Jaci and I all decide that we wanted to go and visit Grandma and Grandpa Lawson in Colorado and the fastest easiest way in the winter was to fly. That was definitely an experience. The kids did really good on the airplane for the most part, but if anyone knows how my daughter is then you would know that she was to be considered a lap child, but ended up standing and sitting in her brothers seats. The flight attendants were very nice to us and gave the give crayons and a coloring page book to do. After we got off of the airplane in Denver, we had to ride the train to baggage claim and the kids were all tired and hungry. As I was collecting my luggage, waiting for my mom to come in and help with the kids, i realized that I cell phone fell out of my back pocket and I was to do it all by myself. So, I loaded all 6 pieces of luggage on a luggage cart with Jaci sitting on the front and wheeled my kids to the southwest office to report a lost cell phone, then back to the pay phone to call my dad at work and let him know what had happened and find out where my mom really is. As I was talking to the operator to get connected, Jaci ran off and so I set the phone down and quickly picked her up and got her back on top of the luggage. Finally I made it downstairs to where my mom was supposed to be and soon she drove up and southwest called and said that my phone was in their office. I ran back upstairs and told the people at the southwest counter that I was here to pick up my cell phone and she looked at me with a dumb-founded look and replied she had no idea what I was talking about. I was just there 20 minutes prior and now she is telling me she has no clue who I am. I was just a little frustrated. After about 5 minutes of figuring out who I really was the manager said that a cell phone came in about 5 minutes ago and it had my name on it. Thanks goodness for people that have a brain and are somewhat observant. I was glad that was over and wasn't going to get frustrated anymore, so I really just laughed about how lame I must have looked with my 3 kids and 6 pieces of luggage on a luggage cart and wondering around like a chicken with my head cut off. I made it safe and sound and was glad that I was in sunny Colorado.

2 comments:

Paula said...

No wonder you had to stay for three weeks! It took you that long to work up the courage to get back on the plane! I'm glad things went as well as they did, and you're all back home safe and happy with your visit and fun.

McKenzie said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! But if anyone could handle it, you could. Glad you had a safe and fun trip!