CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our latest updates.....

So, i know that I have been slacking a little bit, but I have been busy, but that is no excuse. The last two months have gone by way too fast, and now school is starting and I can;t believe it. Here are a few things that we have done....
SEATTLE: We traveled to Seattle for 4Th of July to visit Shaun and Krissy (justin's brother) and their family and see the sights around Seattle. We went to the Seattle Aquarium, went on a boat ride around the bay, went to the Space/Air Museum, picked raspberries at the farmers market and just hung out. It was a really fun and the kids all had a blast playing together.
T-BALL: The boys were both in t-ball this year; Brayden's 2nd year and Dylan's first. They were the tigers....and our neighbor was their coach. It really was fun to watch them play and learn the basics of playing t-ball, which was always funny to see them run the bases, throw the ball and really just stare off into space at any given moment.
OUR GARDEN: many of you know that I love my garden and love to be in it often. This year we planted corn, green beans, carrots, peas, broccoli, onions, 4 kinds of lettuce, 10 tomato plants, zucchini, yellow zucchini, peppers (all colors), strawberries, and 3 different kinds of pumpkins. We are now reaping the benefits of the garden. Jaci loves to go and pick off the peas, rip them open and suck out the peas inside. They are literally candy to her. The boys love to go and see everyday what is growing and like to pick everything....even if it is not ready. That is one thing that is hard to teach your kids. I am excited about all the canning that will get done all this, but I do love to eat it all as well.
COLORADO: At the end of July, I went down to Utah to pick up my mom and take her home, which was nice since it was another adult in the car with my kids. I love to go and visit my parents.....they always get wore out from playing with my kids and my kids love it. I worked a few days for my dad, which is always nice to have a break from my kids. We went to Chuck E Cheese, The North Pole, Pueblo Reservoir to go on the SeeDoos, went shopping for the boys school clothes, hung out with my mom and dad and beat my parents 4 times in a row at Settlers of Catan, which my dad was not too happy about that. I talked Justin into flying out for a few days so he could drive back with me and go on the SeeDoo's with us, as well as god golfing with Trevor for 5 hours....he was tired after that.
So, that seems to wrap it up for now, but I will stay on top of our blog to bring you the latest updates in the lives of the hegsted clan.

1 comments:

The Nielsons said...

About time you have blogged. Wow, what a summer, hope you had fun !!!!