CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Brayden's First Day of Kindergarten!!!!

I was not sure how I was going to be since my oldest was now old enough to go to school.....and it would be longer than 2 hours. I was getting excited for the time that I would have with just Jaci, but in all actuality, I really am happy that Brayden is excited about school and wants to go back again.

The morning started with Brayden getting all dressed by 7:30, shirt, pants, new socks, new skechers, and his backpack packed full of all his school supplies ready to head out the door and on the bus. He has PM kindergarten, so school doesn't start until 12:05. For breakfast he requested plain pancakes instead of chocolate chip, so he wouldn't get his shirt dirty. I told him that after lunch, he would be able to go to school, so about 10 minutes after breakfast he asked if he could eat lunch. The 3 hours until he had to leave was really hard for him. He kept mopping around the house saying the he really, really, really wanted to go to kindergarten and could not wait any longer.

SO, he finally ate lunch and out the door we go....I have to drive him the first 3 days but then he will be able to take the bus. We walked into his classroom and sorted out all his school supplies and he sat in his chair. There were other parents taking tons of pics of their kids sitting down and sorting out their school supplies. After a few minutes, I told Brayden I was leaving, he got up gave me hug, said he loved me and told me he would see after kindergarten was over.....no tears, just smiles. I looked back at him and he was sitting at his table with this bored look on his face as if he was ready to start the day, but nothing was happening yet. My little baby is getting big and I can't believe that he is ready to start school. Almost 3 hours later, I went back to school to pick him and he was the last kid there.....school gets out at 2:50 and I was there at 2:54, so I guess I need to be there a few minutes earlier. In the car Brayden told him that he was good and learned the he had to keep his hands to himself, his mouth closed when the teacher is talking and all the boys blue bathroom passes. He then informed that since he was good, he deserved a treat, so we headed to Maverick Country Store down the street and got a treat. He looked for a few minutes and picked up 3 Resee's Peanut Butter Cups that are only .10 cents a piece. Dylan got 4, since he thought that he was good while Brayden was at school, and since the boys got a treat Jaci had to have one too, so she got giant Smarties for .30 cents. They were all happy as can be and Brayden's treat was gone before we even turned into the neighborhood.
I am very happy that Brayden likes kindergarten and hope that he does well and makes himself as well as his parents proud. We love you Brayden.....you are such a great kid and wish you the best as you start your many years of schooling.

Brayden sporting his new blue shirt that match his black/blue skechers, his transformer backpack and new dark jeans....He looks so handsome!!!

5 comments:

Mosers said...

He is a handsome little guy! It was a good day...Kaylan had a lot of fun too!! See you this afternoon!

Paula said...

He is a handsome little guy! I love you Brayden!

McKenzie said...

Way to go Brayden! You are getting so big!

Rebecca said...

That is so cute that he was ready to go so early! And it's great that he was so excited!

Leslie said...

Andy, he is so cute! He looks so excited for the first day of school. I'm glad it all went well and there were no tears. :)