CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Safety Man goes down!

So much for setting a good, safe example for my employees. On Tuesday afternoon (3/17), I had a little accident. Our nailing machines that build the pallets have a set of rollers that are about 2/5' off of the ground that the stack of pallets rolls onto when they are complete. Well, me being the past safety manager and all, I decided to step up on the rollers on pull a bad pallet out of a stack that had just come out. The plan was to set it on some lumber nearer by and closer to the operator. That didn't happen.

As I carried the pallet and took a few steps, out of no where I fell through the rollers. Apparently there is a roller missing toward the end that I hadn't noticed was gone and I stepped right through the hole. I ended up forcing my in between two rollers that are narrower than my fat knee. Needless to say, I was in a lot of pain and feared that I had torn something in my knee. My good neighbor, Dave Boyd, took me to Belgrade Urgent Care. The assessment was just a sprain and some bad, deep bruising. It appears I have gotten off lucky this time. Here's what it looks like.

5 comments:

Macame said...

Oh man, that looks sore. I am glad it wasn't worse!

Tracey said...

That looks bad. I thought you could take better care of yourself Justin!!! Try harder, we don't want to have our Uncle Justin hurt and not in top form when we come back to the states.

Paula said...

Ouch!!! I'm sorry you had to get injured in the line of duty! We love you!

Cole said...

Zoinks! that works worse than the description of the accident.

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Wow! That had to hurt!